One of the first signs of Fall in our house, is the amazing aroma of Pumpkin Muffins baking in the oven. Caramel apples, pumpkin pie or hot apple cider just don’t seem to it justice when it comes to our favorite Fall treat! These muffins are on repeat in this house, pretty much on a weekly basis. It’s a quick and easy recipe that I have now been able memorize.. which is not something I can usually do when it comes to baking!
We even incorporate one of our favorite ingredients.. coconut oil! If you can remember from my chocolate chip cookie recipe, we love baking with coconut oil. The flavor and health benefits are always a win!
We enjoy these muffins at breakfast, as an after school snack or even dessert. Trust me, you will LOVE them just as much as we do, and your house will smell amazing too!
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (we prefer unbleached)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place 12 liners into muffin tin
- In large bowl, mix together flour, sugars, salt and pumpkin pie spice
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, coconut oil and pure vanilla extract
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together until combined
- Using a large scoop, distribute batter evenly into each muffin liner (batter will be close to the top of each)
- Bake 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean