Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day with your spouse over a romantic dinner? Or together as a family with your kids? We like to make it special with our little loves, and today I’m sharing a super simple recipe that’s so fun to get your kids involved, and “helping” in the kitchen.
Fruit Salsa with Heart Shaped Cinnamon Sugar Chips is the perfect appetizer or sweet treat for your Valentine’s Day dinner. It is so versatile, and can be used with a variety of different fruits. We used strawberries, raspberries and apples (to make it look pretty with pinks and reds). But, you can add pears, blueberries, blackberries, pineapple.. the list goes on!
I had Chloe (my older one) cut the fruit into tiny pieces, and then Capri (the youngest) mixed it all together. We all took turns with the cookie cutter shapes and sprinkling the cinnamon sugar. It was a fun activity and delicious treat that we were all able to create together.
Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- 4-6 burrito-style tortillas
- coconut oil cooking spray
- cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut tortillas into appropriate shape with cookie cutter
- Spray with cooking spray
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool
- Serve with fruit salsa or store in an airtight container
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 large apple
- squeeze of citrus to prevent apples from browning (we used a squeeze of grapefruit)
- Finely chop strawberries, raspberries and apple
- Combine ingredients
- Squeeze citrus
- Gently mix together
- Chill until ready to serve
Happy Valentine’s Day from House on Prairie Lane